Saturday, November 20, 2010

Home for "Thanksgiving"

Another week has gone by and I still haven't added much to this yet.  I'll have to work on that leading up to my trip.  Not much happened this past week.  I kept up with Masters swim.  On Thursday night Alex, our coach, invited us out to a very informal swim meet at St. John's University.  Not only was this my first swim meet, it was also my first visit to the campus.  I really didn't see much beyond the sports complex.  Their pool was really nice.  It felt really good to be back on a campus.  It was nice to walk around see more people my age.

On Friday night, on my way home to Rochester, I stopped in Minneapolis and watched the Banff Mountain Film Festival with some friends from Grand Forks.  The films were awesome!  I first when to the Festival in Duluth when I was going to college.  This was the first one I've been to in awhile and it did not disappoint.  It was awesome that they showed Wild Water, a whitewater film that showed record spring runoff on the North Fork of the Payette this past June.  Some of my paddling friends visited that river just after that event.  I'll have to add it to my list of rivers to paddle.

I did also get a chance to have a couple of beers with Todd after the show.  We talked a little more about the trip and about his recent trip to Honduras with his wife.  I was super pumped to learn that he can bring his video camera with us on our dives! It's gonna be awesome to get some footage from under the water!

Well hopefully I'll have some time tonight to back fill some posts.  I'd at least like to go back through this past summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment